Terms & Conditions
- BOOKINGS must be made on our Booking Form. For each week of your booking a deposit of £80 per cabin is required.
Credit/debit card payments are welcome. Please cross cheques etc. and make payable to Churchwood Valley a/c payee only. Cash should be sent by registered post.
On receipt of your completed booking form and deposit, which is treated as part payment of your holiday and is not refundable (except in the
circumstances set out in paragraphs 13 and 14), we will send you our confirmation form. It is then that a firm contract exists between you and
Churchwood Valley on the basis of conditions 1 to 20. If the booking is not accepted, the deposit (or the price paid) will be refunded in full.
- BALANCE PAYABLE This must be paid 6 weeks before the holiday begins and we reserve the right to re-let the accommodation if the balance
is not paid accordingly. The confirmation form will show the cost of your holiday and give the date by which the balance must be paid in full.
No further reminder will be sent.
- The person making the booking must occupy the cabin and not be under 18 years of age. Type A2 and A2+ cabins to be occupied by not more than two persons, A4, A4+ and Pinelodge not more than four persons, GL, DL6, A6+ and A6 not more than six persons. For this purpose, a baby counts as one person.
- CABINS are not available before 2.30pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10 am. on the day of departure.
- ALLOCATION OF CABINS All cabins are built amongst the trees on a hillside. To help us in allocating cabins, please advise us at the time
of booking if there are any elderly or disabled people in your party who have difficulty in managing steps or sloping paths. It would be helpful if some idea of
the degree of incapacity could be given, i.e., whether steps are out of the question or whether five or six steps or a short sloping path could be
- ALTERATIONS in the dates of your booking, or the type of cabin, will be made at your written request if possible.
Alterations are accepted up to 6 weeks before arrival date. A charge of £20 for each
alteration will be made to cover the administrative costs.
- Each cabin is provided with a lock, the tenant being supplied with one key, a duplicate being retained by the management. The tenant
shall be responsible for security of the cabin during the period of his/her occupancy and the management accepts no responsibility for any
personal items stolen or damaged in the cabin.
- All breakages and damage to the cabin, its contents, surrounds or other property on the estate (except for fair wear and tear) to be paid for or
made good by the hirer, and the cabin vacated on the due date, leaving it in a clean and tidy condition. We retain the right to apply an additional charge
if the cabin is not left in good order.
- Up to two family pets are permitted at a charge of £5 each per week (or part of a week) in the park. Dogs must be kept on a leash under strict
control at all times and are not to be left unattended in the cabins. They are not allowed on the furnishings in the cabin. Any persons allowing
their pets to run loose or annoy other guests will be required to leave the park without refund. Fouling penalty £50.
- PARKING for one car is available near most cabins and additional parking is available. There is no charge for parking. All vehicles are
restricted to 7 m.p.h. on the park roads for the safety of children and the comfort and convenience of visitors. Failure to comply with this rule
will result in the offender being refused permission to bring his/her vehicle into Churchwood.
- LIABILITY It is a condition of this booking that the management is relieved of liability for any personal injury, loss or damage, which may
be sustained by the applicants or their property including motor cars whether such loss or damage is caused by the negligence of the management, his servants’
omission or otherwise of Churchwood Valley.
- If the hirer is in breach of any of the conditions or if, in the opinion of the
management, any party is guilty of behaviour or conduct prejudicial to the
well-being of others, the management may retake possession of the accommodation
on refunding money in respect of the unexpired portion of the
- SAFEGUARD SCHEME AND HOLIDAY CANCELLATION If you do need to
cancel, write to us immediately. The cancellation will not be actioned until we
receive such a letter by recorded delivery. The expenses connected with
your holiday can amount to a fairly large sum and if, through no fault of your
own, you have to cancel the holiday you will lose the non-returnable deposit
and such amounts for which you may be legally responsible. Therefore in
your interests we have included in the tariff the provisions below.
- PROVISIONS In the event of having to cancel the holiday for compassionate
reasons, because of death, illness, your own redundancy (qualifying for
statutory redundancy notice), or because of death, serious injury or serious
illness of a close relative (Husband, wife, father, mother, father or mother-in
law, brother, sister, child or dependant) of the person in whose name the
booking is made and this can be substantiated, you will no longer be liable for
any balance or hire monies, and any such monies paid, with the exception of
£25.00 per week or Short Break booked (deemed to be a cancellation fee) will be refunded. Please forward
medical certificate, death certificate or redundancy notice at the time of
cancellation. The decision of the management on all claims is final.
- EXCLUSIONS War and allied risks, pregnancy, wilfully self-inflicted injury or
illness, intoxicating liquor or drugs, physical defects or infirmity existing at, or
prior to, date of completing the reservation form.
- CANCELLATION SCHEME Not an extra - inclusive in tariff.
- CANCELLATIONS FOR OTHER REASONS Your deposit will be forfeited. We
will attempt to re-let accommodation but you will remain liable for the balance
of hire less any hire monies received on a re-letting up to a maximum as
More than 42 days deposit only; 29 to 42 days 25%; 15 to 28 days 50%; 1 to
14 days 75%.
No refund will be made in respect of cancellation received by us on or after
the date of commencement of holiday, and the full balance will be due.
Amount of cancellation charge expressed as % of total holiday price inclusive
- CANCELLATION FOLLOWING NON-ARRIVAL If by 12.00 (noon) on the day
immediately following the day on which your holiday is due to start you have
not occupied your accommodation and you have not notified us that you will
be arriving after that time, then you will be deemed to have cancelled your
booking. In the event, your deposit will be forfeited and you will be liable for
any shortfall between the balance of the hire in respect of your booking and
any hire monies received by us if we are able to re-let the accommodation.
- INCLUSIVE IN LISTED PRICES ARE: Bed linen, electricity, heating and water. Car and boat parking. Cancellation Safeguard Scheme. Cabin charges are not per person, they cover the total number of persons accommodated according to type of cabin. i.e. 2, 3, 4 or 6 persons. VAT is not an extra. Where applicable, Value Added Tax at 20% has been included in the cost of the holiday. The management reserves the right to alter prices as a result of, and in line with, any change in the rate of VAT and other changes that the Government may require us to make by statute.
- In circumstances beyond our control or in the event of serious breakdown of
services other emergencies or withdrawal from service of your accommodation,
we reserve the right to offer you the opportunity to change the date
booked, upgrade the accommodation, or cancel and receive a full refund. No
claims for compensation in respect of the above events can be accepted.